Monday 1 September 2014

The Minimalism Game

I got this great idea for a game from The Minimalists and I am going to do it for the month of September.

This month, I must get rid of one thing on the first day of the month. On the second, two things. Three items on the third. So forth, and so on. I just have to get rid of it, whatever it is. I already got rid of lot of my stuff in the transition of my last move between apartments, but I think I can jettison a few more distracting possessions.

I know a few people who have a lot of stuff and identify themselves with their possessions, and to those people I urge you to remember a few great quotes from the guru Tyler Durden.

"What you own ends up owning you."

"You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your fucking khakis. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

I'll be posting each day to let you know what I got rid of by the way.

Today was easy, only one item: a growing dinosaur toy. I only had it for a few days but it has outgrown it's bucket of water. In the trash!



Follow my progress on twitter too! #MinsGame