Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Minimalism Game - Day 8

Okay, so for Day 8, I did something a little different. To be honest, I forgot until late last night to find 8 items that I could part with so this is kind of cheating. But I did get rid of a bunch of stuff by recycling.

For maybe the past month I have let my pile of recyclable items grow and grow. I had a huge stack of cardboard boxes (pasta boxes, tissue boxes, milk cartons, cracker boxes, etc.) and plastic bags and opened envelopes and papers I no longer need. All stuff that I could easily deliver to the nearest recycle center (which happens to be a 5 minute walk from my apartment).

So I packed all this stuff up and got rid of it, with some help from a few wonderful people. It feels good to have this pile of stuff out of my apartment and to have contributed a little bit to the recycling idea. A more minimalist living space and a greener environment all in one evening!