Friday 19 September 2014

The Minimalism Game - Day 19

Here we are at Day 19 of the Minimalism Game and I am continuing my countdown of possession exodus with 12 items today. As you know, I recently attended a screening at the Atlantic Film Festival. I still had the printed program of all the festival events and screenings...until today that is. Why would I need to keep this booklet? For the memories? Those exist in my mind and I don't need a physical book to remind of it. In time these memories may fade, but they will be replaced by new fresh ones, and the important ones will remain through my life.
 
With this, I am also getting rid of 11 Animorphs books. These were my favorite books when I was in elementary school. In fact, they were some of the first books I read. I have many more besides these 11, and I plan on getting rid of more over the next few days. However, these books still hold a special place in my heart, so there are a few special episodes from this series that I am definitely hanging onto. I have a lot of books, and it has been difficult to get rid of some but none yet as hard as this. However, I know it's for the best and I am unlikely to read all of these again. I'll keep the books I will read again in the future and pass these on to someone else who can enjoy them, as I did in my younger days.