Monday 30 March 2015

My 100th Post!

This is it! I have reached 100 posts on this blog! I started this blog back on August 26, 2014. It's amazing that I have kept it up this long.


Today I want to write about passion and drive. It can be hard to stick to something. I have tried and failed at numerous things. Writing a book, making films, being a better person, exercising regularly, not buying chips at work. It is sometimes so much easier to give up and just stop working towards these goals.

It would've been easier to stop writing this blog, stop coming up with ideas, stop committing to making new posts as regularly as I can. But it feels good to keep up with something. It keeps me disciplined, something I am working more at doing. Keeping a discipline of routinely sticking to something feels good to me. I am working on eating healthier food (eating more fruits and vegetables throughout the day instead of processed foods), meditating daily (I aim to do so every morning and evening), and doing my dishes as soon as I am done eating.

Sticking to a discipline is easier when applying some mindfulness to our daily habits. Over the next month I am going to try being mindful of my actions and habits and paying attention to what I am doing in each moment, as well as continuing to keep up this blog.