Monday 10 November 2014

Facebook Update

I went the whole weekend without missing Facebook at all. The funny thing is that I have had many people already comment on me being off the site. A lot of people have been trying to find me and to their surprise I am not there! There actually has not been a lot of negative feedback from it though. People seem to be cool with me not being online as much. And so far it has been great for me. I feel a lot more connected to reality now.


It was fairly easy to forgo the social media this weekend as it was the Silver Wave Film Festival all weekend and so I had a lot of events and social interaction in person. It was a great weekend and I was even nominated for and won a few awards for a few films I worked on. Going home, I really wanted to share my mild success via Facebook but again realized that I no longer was using it. I settled for sharing it with my family and loved ones and posted a mere tweet on Twitter. I am really just content with getting some recognition for my artwork. Facebook would just be me tooting my own horn and I really don't need the fame. On to another week Facebook-free!