Wednesday 22 October 2014

Mornings

I like to consider myself a morning person. Ever since I read about how Joshua Fields Millburn took back his mornings, I have been making an effort to be more productive in my mornings. The past few weeks have been difficult but today I accomplished a lot.


I woke up at 5:00 AM. I went to the gym upstairs from my apartment and did a short work out for 20 minutes. Then I read a little from the book I am reading (The First and Last Freedom by Jiddu Krishnamurti) and then meditated for 10 minutes. I did a set of 50 sit-ups and crunches and then sat down and wrote some prose for about 10 or 15 minutes. After that, I showered, ate breakfast, and packed my lunch before catching the bus for work. All of this before I even had my morning coffee. Starting my day like this, I feel great! This sense of accomplishment and productivity will hopefully be carried throughout my whole day. I even did my 10 minutes of writing from Sarah Selecky's writing prompts before checking any other emails at work today. Now I just have to make this a routine and stick to it as much as I can.

Exercise, meditation, and writing. If I can get these three things done in the morning before I need to do anything else, I will feel a lot better about my day. Even though I know this it can still be a difficult task to accomplish. Let;s see how the rest of the week goes.