Tuesday 21 October 2014

Falling Apart

Lately I have been falling apart with my healthy living plan. I haven't written on this blog in a few weeks and I haven't gone to the gym in over a week. Also this past weekend I did not eat very healthily either. It's been difficult. Sometimes we make plans to improve our lives or our circumstances and everything seems to cave in on itself. Like this pumpkin I carved for Halloween.


I set this nicely carved pumpkin out on the balcony of my apartment. Then I forgot about it. When I went out to look at it many days later, it had caved in. This is just like my healthy living goals. I set the goals and then forgot about them, left them on their own, and did not act on them. When we let things sit outside for too long without caring for them, they break down.

I will build my new plan though. I will set new goals. I won't give up. Here's to a new beginning!
As a first step to get back into healthier habits, I signed up for Sarah Selecky's Daily Writing Prompts again. I used her prompts via email subscription a few months ago but stopped when I was getting too busy with other projects. I had started work on writing a long story last month but have since lost the momentum I had and haven't written anything in over 2 weeks. So to help get back into the habit of writing every day, I will use Sarah's ideas to get me writing for at least 10 minutes each day. If you have an interest in writing but don't have the time or the willpower to sit yourself down, you should try her writing prompts and just start with a little bit each day. Small steps are the best way to big goals.

“It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” - Old Chinese proverb