Monday 26 January 2015

The Move Is Over

I am all moved into my new apartment. A nice one-bedroom basement apartment. There is something refreshing about an empty room and deciding where to put things and how to arrange a living space. I haven't fully organized everything but I am now in the process of going through all my stuff and paring down to what I really want to keep, what really adds value to my life. 


I started off pretty basic. I used to have two bookshelves full of books and movies. I gave one of the bookshelves away to my brother who was also moving into a new place. Whatever doesn't fit onto my one shelf has to go now. (My new bookshelf also matches better with the rest of the furniture in my living room, which is a single desk for writing and a couch for sitting.)

My new place is in a great location too. I am in downtown Fredericton, so I am closer to a few friends so it will be easier to socialize, and I am right next to the park, so it will be great to go on some nature walks and enjoy the great outdoors. The simple beauty of nature will be a great addition to my simple lifestyle I am trying to cultivate.


I am very excited to start arranging my new place. This is going to be my most minimalist home yet, and I am really looking forward to living alone for the first time and having my own space.