Friday 3 July 2015

Treefingers


I listened to great song today from Radiohead called Treefingers. I've been on a musical journey these past few weeks, listening to Radiohead's catalogue album by album and I am now on their fourth album, Kid A. This particular track (Treefingers) is a very ambient meditative instrumental. It's one I have always been particularly fond of.

Since my practice of meditation and interest in Zen has become a bigger part of my life, I can feel an even bigger connection to this beautiful piece of music. As I listened to it today, I simply walked outside and felt at peace. I noticed how my body felt, each step I took, the feel of the sun on my face. It was nice. I can do this without music though.

I think it is a good practice to be with ourselves under simple circumstances. Outside, simply walking and doing nothing else. Drinking tea or eating a healthy snack without the TV on. Listening to this extremely minimalist song is also a simple act; it is the antithesis to what a lot of music seems to be these days: attention-grabbing. 

Give Treefingers a listen and bask in it's simple rhythm.